Re: docs chunking status

lör 2002-04-13 klockan 15.39 skrev John Fleck:

> The KDE solution has been to parse the entire document once and hold
> all the chunks in memory, then hand them off to the help browser when
> requested. I'm not smart enough to know whether the right place to do
> this is Yelp or a libraryized gnome2-db2html, though it seems to me
> that if we made gnome2-db2html into a library and did it that way, we
> would retain the ability for other browsers to use it.
>
> The KDE approach essentially creates a single document in memory with
> delimiters setting apart each chunk (this is done with their
> stylesheet). This has the added advantage that
> you can create the document at build time and have what amounts too a
> pre-built cache, and you also can save it as a file the first time the
> user looks at the help file for your cache.

Hi!

I've currently moved in the gnome-db2html3.c file into yelp and
currently call it yelp-db2html.c (not commited yet). This can off course
be broken out just as easily and into a library. I'm going to do the
same for man and info. The other solution, while good for nautilus is
kinda of sucky for a help-only browser.

So, I'm really lame when it comes to these docbook stylesheets, can
someone with knowledge about this help me fix this so that you can cache
the chunks in some way. John do you have the knowledge needed to do
something similar to what KDE does?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/