Re: gnome-help: uris

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 01:45:09AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> tis 2001-09-11 klockan 00.29 skrev David Merrill:
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 06:14:26PM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > > We have been discussing a system that will make the it transparent to a
> > > helpbrowser whether a document is in docbook, info or man and also if
> > > it's part of GNOME/KDE/whatever. I'm not sure on how much of this can be
> > > done with help from Scrollkeeper.
> > >
> > > We will however write some kind of document on this issue when we have
> > > finished it and I'll post it here. Hopefully we can come up with some
> > > way that both KDE/GNOME and others can use.
> > >
> > > As I said, this project won't be GNOME-specific and this is one of the
> > > most important requirements of this project.
> >
> > Which project is this, do you have a mailing list, and how can I join?
> > Since I have a working project that has an immediate need, I can put
> > together an implementation of whatever ideas you have and see if they
> > do in fact work in the real world.
>
> We started the discussions today and will continue tomorrow, I'll see to
> it that we put up a mailinglist for it tomorrow. I'll email the URI.

Ping?

> We haven't currently started implementing anything so there isn't much
> to work against currently.

I'm in the middle of releasing version 0.4 of ScrollServer, which will
be the first public release. It's not fancy, but it works. See
scrollserver.sourceforge.net to download it, or pull it from the LDP
cvs tree.

If anyone is interested in helping with the project, I have some
pretty cool things planned.

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net