switching to Docbook 4.1 XML

Just wanted to share my experience in trying to (finally!) test DB 4.1
XML. This is more detailed than  jfleck's instructions.

I have RH 7.1.

So, here is what I did:

Grabbed and installed the following packages: (I am lazy, so I just
headed to rpmfind and searched there):

--------
 libxml2
       http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/gnome/stable/redhat/i386/libxml/libxml2-2.4.6-1.i386.html
---------
 libxslt
      http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/gnome/stable/redhat/i386/libxslt/libxslt-1.0.5-1.i386.html
---------
docbook-dtd412-xml
       http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandrake/8.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/docbook-dtd412-xml-1.0-5mdk.noarch.html
---------
docbook-style-xsl
        ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/8.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/docbook-style-xsl-1.44-1mdk.noarch.rpm
---------
I also needed sgml-common, but this I already had installed.

Note: I removed older docbook-dtd41-xml which came with RH 7.1 -
probably it was OK to use it instead of dtd412, but I wanted to be on
the safe side. Also, some of the packages are from Mandrake 8.1 - I
didn't find  RH ones, but it shouldn't matter.

Now, all I had to do was to get a test file (I used
gnome-app-template.xml, from cvs module gnome-docu/gdp/templates)
and run the command

xsltproc  -o gnome-app-template.html /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.44/html/docbook.xsl gnome-app-template.xml

Voila!

Questions:

1. It took about 4 seconds (on PIII 500 Mhz system) - I hoped to get
   something closer to 1 sec.

2. Are there any GDP-customized xsl stylesheets, like what we used to
   have for dsssl stylesheets? Anyone willing to step forward and
   do this? Dcm?

Sasha