Re: [Usability] Re: desktop/workspaces terminology issue
- From: Chris Lyttle <chris wilddev net>
- To: Gregory Merchan <merchan baton phys lsu edu>
- Cc: John Fleck <jfleck inkstain net>, <usability gnome org>, <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: desktop/workspaces terminology issue
- Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:54:57 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:03:10PM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> On a similar note, there's been confusion on-line when talking about
> multi-head set-ups. As I understand it, multi-head is achieved by using
> different Screens of a Display (both used in the same sense as Xlib uses them),
> and Xinerama makes these Screens contiguous. I'd like to know how workspace,
> viewport, and desktop apply in this case, but I don't have the hardware to see
> for myself.
Its still the same on multi-head, as in the display I have here is just
one big desktop on 2 screens, so John's definition would still apply, the
desktop is what you can see on the screen, or in this case 2 screens.
"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I have a hope for the human race."
-- H.G. Wells
] [Thread Prev