Re: Doctable problems

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Trevor Curtis wrote:

> I was trying to update my sections of the doctable, and any entries in
> "Assigned To" that I insert do not get added. Is this a bug in doc
> table, or could this be some weird permission-like problem?

You are experiencing some of the current brokenness of the DocTable.  We
came up with a specification for a DocTable 2.0 quite a while back and had
somebody start upgrading the 1.0 DocTable to 2.0. Unfortunately, he did
the updates in place and ran out of time before finishing, so we have a
DocTable 1.5 with some brokenness such as what you saw.

To get around this, enter your "Assigned To" entry in the "Editor" and
"Indexer" fields when you enter them in the "Assigned To" field.

Dan