Re: Where are default config values specified ?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:33:56AM -0800, Jim Avera offered:
> The documentation only says how to change options of an already
> existing terminal; such changes are not persistant and do not
> affect
> subsequently created terminals (they affect cloned terminals run
> by the same process, but not new terminals created in
> a subsequent session).

Hi Jim,

Hmmm.... What version of GNOME are you using? I'm using 1.4 and I find
the opposite is true. Any changes I make to a gnome-terminal, will also
change any terminals that I run in the future.

If you find this is not the case then perhaps you have found a bug?

I quickly looked over the doc, and I couldn't find a reference to the changes
being global. Perhaps we could add this if this is indeed a source of
confusion?

hope that helps,
--
Trevor Curtis