Re: Hello

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 12:32:40AM +0200, Sean Allen wrote:
> Hi
> My name is Sean Allen
> I have been helping the gnome-db projct with documentation and I suppose
> this would be as good a time as any to *officially* announce my
> involvment
> I have freshened the docs they have already, by adding lots of markup
> and ensuring that the docs are fully GDP compliant (FDL, markup
> convention, etc.) and am currently writing a user's guide for the gnome
> DB front end, an Access style front end to a gnome aware CORBA backend
> that allows you to connect to a variety of database servers, including
> postgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle and LDAP, as well as being a set bonobo
> widgets that interface with the Glade UI builder (I suppose a guide for
> that will be necesary too, at some point).
> I guess this is just to say "Hi!" and to ask about adding our project to
> the GDP "BigBoard".

Welcome! It's great that y'all are so far ahead of the curve on
documentation for gnome-db. I'd be happy to add you to the
DocTable. What category do you think gnome-db should be included in?

> just as a matter of interest, what kind of plans, if any are in place
> for accessability with regards to the GDP?

This is a terrific question. There is a working on accessability:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/
I don't recall any documentation-specific issues coming up. What kind
of things should we be thinking of?

Cheers,
--
John Fleck