mandrake switches to FDL

Hi guys:

I thought that some of you may be interested to know that Mandrake
has switched to  FDL as their documentation license (see
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/fdoc.php3)

AFAIK, this is the first major Linux distribution to do so. RedHat uses
more restrictive license (no modifications allowed); license of SuSe
docs is somewhat vague (is modification/redistribution allowed?):

|This work is copyrighted by SuSE GmbH .
|
|You may copy it in whole or in part as long as the copies retain this
| copyright statement.

Now we may use some of Mandrake's material - in particular, I plan to
merge their (quite good) glossary with what we currently have in
gnome-user-docs. Of course, they are also free to use whatever they
want from gnome docs.

This is the power of open source!

Sasha