Re: Release of a new set of XML/XSLT libraries

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 08:11:47AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 04:26:30AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >
> > Basically, libxml2/libxslt combo is ready to handle the GNOME projet
> > documentation formating needs, the KDE project is deploying it too.
> >

> The upshot of this for us is that we now can begin the migration to
> xslt rendering of our docs, using Daniel's sgml DocBook parser to
> maintain backward compatibility with our sgml docs.
>
> I've posted an example to show this in action:
> http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/gdiskfree/
>
> This is a DocBook sgml document rendered using Norman Walsh's DocBook
> xsl stylesheets with gnome-db2html3, the new xml->html thingie now
> under construction.

  hum, looking at the DOCTYPE declaration, it seems there is something
wrong (PUBLIC and SYSTEM IDs seems swapped), was that generated with 0.9.0 ?
  Anayway it's is clear that's an ongoing work, but I think we can now
be confident about the feasability of deploying it.

Daniel