Re: Release of a new set of XML/XSLT libraries

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 06:37:45AM -0400, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> Dear John:
> can you post somewhere this "gnome-db2html3, the new xml->html
> thingie"? I know it is for testing only, but I'd like to play with it
> after I install the latest libxml/xslt and see how fast it works.
>
> Best,
> Sasha

I hope to have something ready for just that soon (prolly not for two
weeks - I'm on work travel all next week). In the meantime, if you
install libxml2 and libxslt, you will have DV's xsltproc program,
which does essentially what mine does minus the sgml DocBook
processing (unless DV added a command line flag to do that in the
version released this week). This allows you to test and play.

It has a --timing flag. It does not do catalog
resolution, which is one of the issues to be worked out, so the
document parsing is slow because it goes onto the net to get the
dtd. Dealing with this is on the todo list. In the meantime,
hard-coding the path to the dtd will give you some idea of speed.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h)