Re: [Scrollkeeper-devel] BOF about Scrollkeeper at GUADEC?

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Laszlo Kovacs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This might be interesting for people who will attend GUADEC in Denmark
> at the beginning of April.
>
> Would people who attend the conference be interested in an informal talk
> about Scrollkeeper? Where it is now, what do we expect from it, in what
> direction we want to develop it?  I am thinking of a developers talk
> rather than some kind of presentation. However a short introductory
> presentation might be helpful.
>
> We might be too late with it to get in the program, but I am sure an
> informal talk can be quite easily organized.
>
> Laszlo

I think this is a great idea, and I will certainly attend.

Starting with a presentation about what ScrollKeeper does and what
the plans for its future are sounds like a good idea, because I think a
lot of people don't know a lot about it.  Plus, I think the most exciting
part is the various features which will be possible in the future, so it
would be nice to hear about these some.

The other thing which may be of interest is motivation.  It would be nice
to start with a little discussion about the needs of the user and of the
help browser, and how ScrollKeeper can be used to meet these needs in a
standardized way that various help browser and documentation projects can
share and use as an interoperability layer.

Just to make even more work out of this, another idea is to write up a
short paper which follows the same themes as the talk/BOF for the benefit
of those who don't attend.

Dan