Re: DocPath in .desktops, KDE, and "who is bored?"

George <jirka 5z com> writes:

> While you guys will probably hate me for this, I added another user visible
> change to the panel recently (in CVS, not even in 1.3.1).  It's the support
> for DocPath field in the .desktop files.  KDE has had this for a while, and
> in fact the panel now can launch help for kde .applnks as well.  If you have
> a new enough panel, you can go and right click on a menu item or on a
> launcher on the panel, and you should see "Help on Foo" (where Foo is the
> name of the application).

DocPath is not part of the current draft of the Desktop Entry Specification.

 http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec.html

Could you mail xdg-list freedesktop org and mention this. Suggested
text for an addition to to the 4.1 would be appreciated.

[ And while you are at it, you might want to bring up any other
  GNOME extensions that it doesn't cover, especially any that
  aren't prefixed by X-GNOME ]

Thanks,
                                        Owen