DocPath in .desktops, KDE, and "who is bored?"

While you guys will probably hate me for this, I added another user visible
change to the panel recently (in CVS, not even in 1.3.1).  It's the support
for DocPath field in the .desktop files.  KDE has had this for a while, and
in fact the panel now can launch help for kde .applnks as well.  If you have
a new enough panel, you can go and right click on a menu item or on a
launcher on the panel, and you should see "Help on Foo" (where Foo is the
name of the application).

SO!

Now we need a sucker^H^H^H^H^H^Hvolunteer to go through all the .desktop
files and add the appropriate strings to the DocPath= elements.
The allowed formats are:

URLs (examples:)
ghelp:panel
info:gcc
man:foo

GNOME help files:
panel/index.html

KDE help files:
kapplication/kpath/kto/kfile.html

The second type is <application name>/<path to html> (which will become the
sgml in 2.0 when we stop supporting html).  The advantage of using
"panel/index.html" over "ghelp:panel" is that the former will check for
existance of the file first and not show the "Help on foo" item when the file
doesn't exist.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.