Re: Gnome Help 2.0

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 06:36:42AM -0600, John Fleck wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:24:37PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> > I've just had a look at that -- it doesn't begin to cover some of the
> > complexities when you have documents that are designed to be processed
> > with different parameters to the parser to control (for example) the
> > conditional inclusion of different chunks of text.
> >
> > Remember that what the end user sees as a single document may contain
> > content that's come from a number of different locations.
>
> Could you point me toward some examples of what you are talking
> about?

The FreeBSD Handbook.  Take a look at book.sgml, at

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/

That uses parameter entities and general entities to control the
inclusion of other content.  That's not even a very complicated example.

FreeBSD: The Power to Serve             http://www.freebsd.org/
FreeBSD Documentation Project           http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/

          --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---