Re: GNOME Documentation Style Guide

I have one question:

"Writing for Localization: How to Write for Translation:

"Topic 3:
Restrict the use of indefinite pronouns such as it, this and those,
especially at the beginning of sentences.
"Rewrite: The Menu Editor is a configuration tool for the Main
Menu. The Menu Editor provides a useful way to set your system
requirements. "

I understand how the above can be really helpful for someone
translating docs, but in english this is a little bit
clumsy. Sentences that repeat the proper noun when it isn't necessary
seem, to me, incorrect, or at least "choppy". In the above example, it
is obvious that the subject of the second sentence is the subject of
the first sentence. In the other language I am familiar with, one
would simply replace the proper noun with a pronoun as you would in
english.

thoughts?

Oh, and btw, nice job to all involved. A brilliant piece of work. :)
--
Trevor Curtis
http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~tcurtis