Re: Adding some GNU documentation

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 07:54:28AM -0600 or thereabouts, Richard Stallman wrote:
> Miguel added to the GNOME startup an icon which points to www.gnu.org.
> Since not all machines are on the net, and not all the time,
> it seems to me that it would be a good idea to change that
> into a reference to a file which is always present, as are some
> of the other icons.
>
> Miguel suggested that it should go in the help system and that I
> should talk with you to get it done.

I'm a little confused.

Are you talking about creating a text file which is an introduction
to GNU and says how to find out more; and that the icon should point
to this in the absence of a network connection? So that we need to
write a nice introduction to GNU and put it into one of the central
GNOME packages which is always present? (Or find one on the GNU
website, or something.) Or do you mean something different?

If I'm being dense, sorry.

It's partly done, come to think of it. It's not a startup icon. But
there is a explanation of GNU and free software in the introduction
of the Gnome Users' Guide.

Telsa