Re: help with Style Guide

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:39:47PM -0600, Kristin E Thomas wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I'm interested in working with the GNOME Style Guide.  I've reviewed some
> documents that my co-workers have contributed to the GDP for GNOME style,
> and I see some areas where I could really help out with the Guide itself. I
> have worked on (and am still working on) documentation for many IBM Linux
> development projects, so I would like my GNOME effort to be more focused
> toward the Style Guide.  I think that currently this is the area where I
> could make the greatest contribution.
>
> I noticed in the "content redux" thread the last couple of days that
> several people were interested in working on documentation but didn't want
> to "maintain."  I'm wondering what being a maintainer involves.  Does this
> involve reviewing and style matters, or is it more geared towards updating
> technical content?  Understanding what being a maintainer involves will
> help me decide where I can be the most helpful.  I look forward to working
> with you!

There are two areas of greatest need right now.

One is people to act as editor/reviewer for documents were are
producting for compliance with the style guide.

The second is to convert older documents to style guide compliance, a
piece of the larger process of updating docs for GNOME 2.

Do either of these things fit with your interests?

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/