Re: Gnome Help Browser

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:49:20PM -0400, Matthew Colyer wrote:
> Hi,
> 	My name is Matt and I have helped a little bit in the past with
> Screem code and documentation. I am no expert coder or documenter but I
> would be willing to work on a help browser that works on older machines. I
> can not stand Nautilus it doesn't even render my home directory completely
> at the moment. ( I do not mean to bash the Nautilus folks for writing this
> code. It really is feature rich but some of us just don't have the
> computing power to run it. ) What all would writing the new Gnome Help
> Browser entail doing?

Do you think Lynx, with a httpd daemon would suit your needs?

Linux Documentation Project                   david lupercalia net

Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org
Washington DC Protests http://www.lupercalia.net/dmca

If one company dominates everything, it's dangerous. You kill innovation and
you lose the capacity to create alternatives. Ultimately, that isn't good
for the consumer or the country.
	--Samuel Miller, U.S. Justice Department