Re: Gnome Help Browser

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 10:49:42PM -0400, Matthew Colyer wrote:
> Hi,
> 	My name is Matt and I have helped a little bit in the past with
> Screem code and documentation. I am no expert coder or documenter but I
> would be willing to work on a help browser that works on older machines. I
> can not stand Nautilus it doesn't even render my home directory completely
> at the moment. ( I do not mean to bash the Nautilus folks for writing this
> code. It really is feature rich but some of us just don't have the
> computing power to run it. ) What all would writing the new Gnome Help
> Browser entail doing?

Take a look at what Rodney Dawes is doing with Encompass:
http://encompass.sourceforge.net/

He is adding GNOME Help Browser functionality. Encompass uses gtkhtml
and is considerably lighter on its feet than Mozilla.

You can also find Rodney around on #docs frequently ("dobey").

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck inkstain net (h), http://www.inkstain.net/fleck/