I also would like to write documents

Good afternoon,

I just read Kevin's answer to Lisa's message on getting started and I've
decided to get involved. Hi! My name is Gilles Robitaille and my trade
is scientific research. My specialties are climate change, carbon
sequestration by forests and forest productivity. I like very much the
idea of contributing to such a worthwhile project as Gnome DP. Since I
publish in scientific journals and do peer reviewing I have acquired a
certain bagage of tools for writing in a clear and precise way. I would
like to apply these tools to the writing of documents to applications
that are somewhat oriented to science, math and the like. As an example
Dr. Genius would seem to be an interesting challenge.

I must admit that living in Quebec did orient me towards the KDE but I
found that I was using Gnome more and more. It was sort of a slow
working virus. Now I am compatible with it and feel that I should go on
to concrete things ie documenting. The distribution that I am using is
Mandrake 7.0 with Gnome.

I would really like to help someone with their documentation, so please
drop me a line. I started to read the documentation on docbook and the
getting started.

Thank you
Gilles Robitaille PhD
1068 rue de St. Sebastien