Re: dia outline

Probably time to decloak on this list and contribute something...

I have two questions about this outline:

(1) A lot of it if pretty specific to the particular way that Dia works, isn't
it? I'm wondering which parts you see as being part of the template. I like the
idea of having a flow of instructions that let the beginner get started
immediately and let the more advanced person learn everything they want to about
specific components. That is certainly a model to preserve in a template. Are
there other "common" portions that I've overlooked?

(2) I know there have been discussions on here before about how self-contained
each manual should be, but I wasn't sure what definite conclusions were arrived
at. In this particular instance, I have in mind the printing section:

> Printing
>  +Page Setup
>  +Selecting A Printer

Assuming Dia uses the gnome-print components (and I have to admit that I'm not
familiar enough with it to know), won't this be the same as every single
other product that uses the printer? Are there any moves to have a Basic Gnome
Users Guide type of section on printing?

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Tredinnick            email: malcolm@commsecure.com.au