Re: question about RMB

Hello.

Pragmatism:

  No matter how much we lean in one direction or other, there will be
some non-compliant and weird documents out there that will have the
buttons described in another way.  However, as long as the basic
introduction to how to use a mouse (the "terminology" section in the
current Gnome User's Guide) explains both, everyone will know that there
are diverging terminologies which they may or may not encounter, and
will know how to deal with the exceptions.

Non-Pragmatism:
People who put their mice on the left typically know they're doing it in
a non-standard way, and already know that the usual conventions are
reversed when you switch sides.
so, we could probably get away with the left-right-middle thing.
although 1,2,3 is probably better, my guess is that left-right will
stick around for the usual Unix "Historical" reasons. :>

a.