Re: nautilus sgml viewer.

Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc cu-portland edu> writes:

> Yes.  :) The point here is to NOT have to do A DAMN THING to the docs
> when we install them.  The users get exactly the docs that we wrote.
> Well, that's at least part of the point.  If we want to run them
> through sgmlnorm and sx, then the people who build packages need to
> have those programs installed on their computer.  Not exactly ideal.

A wrong decision from the early beginning -- I voted against it.  You
all see problems where problems don't exist.  The GNU way ever was to
ship files the user cannot build easily (that's why GNU packages come
the Texinfo source files and generated Info files).

If you (or we) don't want to do this, okay, but don't like to hear
lamentos why GNOME isn't able to make use of XML ;)

Enough emotion by my side.

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,