Re: (sgml vs XML)+indexing

Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com> writes:

> could you briefly summarize for me what tools are available
> for docbook xml ?

There are no tools specifically for DocBook XML yet. There are many
XML/XSL engines out there, however most of them involve using a Java
environment. Just hit freshmeat and type 'XSL'. Norman does have a
copy of the Modular Stylesheets in XSL, however, they are limited. In
fact, I am not positive that they even do a 'print' version right now,
just html and xhtml.

You can, however, use a DocBook XML document against the Modular DSSSL
sheets by using Jade thusly:

jade [options] \where\you\installed\jade\xml.dcl yourdoc.xml

It works if you like the pain, baby!

Dave

--

David Mason