Re: (sgml vs XML)+indexing

"David C. Mason" <dcm redhat com> writes:

> The main sticking point is that the free tools for DocBook right now
> are for SGML... due to the fact that so many of us have been using the
> SGML version for so long, and no one has enough time to invest in
> updating those tools to process XML.

_I_ have interest although no time.
I have a nice idea about a gui based xml editor for docbook (interested ppl
can mail me privatly) although I have no idea of what would be necessary to
hack some decent command-line based tools to make it work in the meantime.

I would probably start from scratch using gdome/libxml2 as a basis for
the parsing engine. libxml2 can do all the nifty stuff (has it xsl support ?
I do not remember but do not think so) and gdome provide a good api for
developers. A good start would to finish gdome :) ...

Argh, I want those tools because I need them.

Thakns for the details Dave.

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu eazel com>