Re: The use of "we" / control-center

Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas online no> writes:

> > I don't this style at all; at least in German we should not translate it
> > literally.  What do you think?

> I agree. It would be much better to just use
> "Unable to create the directory"

Concerning command line tool that's the style we're familiar with.  But
these incomoplete sentences are not suitable far message boxes neither
(IMO).

> I think there's much room for improvement in this area. This
> goes for GNOME as a whole. Many apps and modules use a much too
> verbose style in the ui elements in my opinion.

Yes, I hate verbosity, too.  But we should stick with short complete
sentences.

Alexander Kirillov <kirillov math sunysb edu> writes:

> I agree with Karl - this should be fixed, in gnomecc and in all Gnome
> apps where this arises. I am cc'ing this to Hovinen, gnomecc
> maintainer.

Thanks.  I propose something like (note the dots!):

"It isn't possible to create the directory\n"
"~/.gnome/mime-info.\n"
"\n"
"The state can't be saved."

--
work : ke suse de                          |                   ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |                 _-\_<,