Re: question about RMB

Patrick Costello ireland sun com said:
> 2. Where it is not the default mouse button that is doing the
> clicking, or where  there is possible confusion about which button is
> doing the clicking, then use  the MB1, MB2, MB3 convention.

I like the MB1, MB2, MB3 convention.

As far as the explanation goes, one could abstract slightly (getting away
from the `reverse polarity' discussion) by simply saying:

  MB1 is the mouse button on a normal three button mouse which
  naturally falls under one's index finger.  MB2 and MB3 are the
  buttons sequentially next to MB1.  On two button devices, MB2
  is selected by chording MB1 and MB3 (clicking both simultaneously).

On other types of devices, the user can make the association themselves.
They've already had to do that when they bought the device.
--
Mike Sangrey
mike sojurn lns pa us