RE: 1.4 updates

> -----Original Message-----
> From: jfleck inkstain net [mailto:jfleck inkstain net]
>
> Greg -
> This is fabulous. Thanks so much.

And thank you, this means that I don't have to reply to myself with more
questions.  :-)

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>
> > I'd like to start going through and updating any docs I can
> find in CVS for
> > 1.4, based on this list
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/changes/index.html
> > The docs that I'd like to do are the ones that are listed here:
> > http://gnome-releng.eazel.com/
> > and here:
> >
> http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=releng/package-l
> ist&rev=&root=
> > /cvs/gnome
> >
> > I've got a few questions before I get too heavily into this:
> >
> > 1) Has anybody started on this, and is there a list of docs
> that have been
> > updated?  If not, where/how should I start one?
>
> I've done a number of them in gnome-utils, just to test my
> checklist to
> see that it made sense. So you don't need to bother with that package.

Ah, good, that means you've done my document, and won't be offended that I'm
working on yours (something out of gnome-core with your name on it).

> As for keeping track of which docs are updated, I
> had hoped to have a field added to the doctable, but
> apparently that is
> not possible (or at least, not practical). So I've been

Bummer.

> adding a note to
> the "comments" field in the doctable noting that a doc has been done.

Guess I'll need to get a userid for the doctable.  I'll try to remember to
email Dan this evening.

> Will you also be testing them in Nautilus/gnome-db2html2?

Uhm, maybe?  I won't be testing them right away, but I can mail diffs to
somebody to check out.  Hopefully after I get some new drives at home I'll
be able to do testing with Nautilus.  The instructions for compiling
gnome-db2html2 don't seem to work for me, since I can't get a config.h
generated on my systems.  :-(

New question.  With the new docs, should the license section for the app
always be tagged id="license", and refer to the GPL (assuming a GPL licensed
application)?  Later,
	Greg