[Fwd: Re: Licenses]

--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 02:19:39AM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:

> Eric and John,
>
> Kenny and I tried putting the licensing information on the web tonight.
> It is at:
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/licenses.html
>
> We tried to give everything a person needs.  This is:
>
> 1) GPL and FDL as entities - for web documents primarily
>
> 2) GPL and FDL as articles - this will be installed by gnome-core, but
> some people may want them (eg. non-GNOME packages)
>
> 3) COPYING-DOCS - this is the text version of the FDL which people must
> include in each package
>
> 4) legalnotices - We need 2 of them, which vary depending on whether the
> FDL is an entity(appendix) or an external doc.

This all looks great, but has anyone tested including this as a
linkend to an appendix in Nautilus? I expect that it will work, but
haven't tested it yet.

> A few things to point out:
>
> John - I modified the legalnotice section a bit compared to what you have
> in your 1.4 doc.  I basically got rid of the FSF address.  This seems to
> now be in better accord with the recommended use of the FDL on their web
> page.  Is this okay with you?  If so, we should update the 1.4 web
> page.  Otherwise we should discuss it and possibly update this web page.

I updated the changes.sgml and changes web page accordingly. This looks
fine to me. Ali will be happy - one less place to deal with the
annoying address tag problem. :)

Also, has/should the gpd handbook been/be updated to reflect this?
Also, what about template updates? Has anyone volunteered yet to
handle that?

Does Greg Leblanc know about the legalnotice changes?

/me remembers that he needs to add a brief discussion of Nautilus/1.4
to the handbook.

Yours in election-induced exhaustion,
--
John Fleck