Re: stylesheet wishlist

oops - forgot to copy in the list :)

David Helder <dhelder@umich.edu> writes:

> > It was a long conversation - a long debate - it was a long time ago. I
> > still like it better than images personally. But if people want to
> > re-open the issue please do so and lets hear pros and cons.
>
> I'm for it because it's easier to find the links if there are icons.
> However, I don't like nwalsh's {prev,next,home}.gif.  They should be
> picture icons and not words.  Probably arrows and a house.  If we set the
> ALT attribute on the link, then a text browser should see no difference
> (right?).

Well we are going to get Tigert to make us new stylesheet-images when
he has the time... but this isn't just about whether the ALT tag works
- its more about the fact that *all* our docs are this way right now
and to change all of a sudden would make some look one way some
another.

I don't mind the images for Warning, tip, etc - I think its too much
in the header and footer though. It is too busy with images in my
opinion - not just the default ones which, yes, are ugly.

Cheers,

Dave
--

          David Mason