Re: stylesheet wishlist

On 5 May 2000, David C. Mason wrote:
> David Helder <dhelder@umich.edu> writes:
>

> > The abstract gets put in a gray box (table).  The box should be larger,
> > leaving space between the words and the edges (sides especially).  See
> > http://www.junglemonkey.net/manual - the text looks too packed.
>
> What does everyone think? too packed? Try out some of your own test
> docs and let me know if there is a better size (or it should go
> away?). David, I don't want to release a new html portion of the
> gdp-both.dsl until after 1.2 but if we make any decisions on this
> before hand I will share them with you for your docs(and anyone else).

Ok, that's fine.

> > You could set ALT to "Next>>>", or whatever.
>
> It was a long conversation - a long debate - it was a long time ago. I
> still like it better than images personally. But if people want to
> re-open the issue please do so and lets hear pros and cons.

I'm for it because it's easier to find the links if there are icons.
However, I don't like nwalsh's {prev,next,home}.gif.  They should be
picture icons and not words.  Probably arrows and a house.  If we set the
ALT attribute on the link, then a text browser should see no difference
(right?).

David

--
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ /  David Helder - University of Michigan