Re: applet template confusion

<20000314141222.A2658@aloss.ukuu.org.uk>
<shwvn4wwri.fsf@tux.gnu.franken.de>
From: "David C. Mason" <dcm@redhat.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2000 08:40:47 -0500

Karl EICHWALDER <ke@gnu.franken.de> writes:

> If nothing seems to fit at the fisrt glance, you can use:
>
>     <phrase role=protocol>FTP</prase>

Although <phrase> is an element that is pretty much open to allow you
to define what it is I think in this case <systemitem> would be more
effective. First because it does describe a system item and also it
will be displayed similar to other system functions in the stylesheets
output.

<systemitem class="resource"> would be my first choice - but this
question has come up before and is something that perhaps should be
submitted as an RFE to the DocBook committee. The only place to really
define protocols at the current time is in a <ulink> and I believe
Telsa is trying to describe the protocol - not link to one... correct?

Cheers,

Dave