glossary - mandrake

Hi:

qwhile working on glossary and other things, I looked at  Mandrake
user's guide.

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/userguide/en/reference/)

It is nicely written and includes a glossary (though with too short
definitions for my liking). However, it  we can not borrow from it
because it is copyrighted, and the license allows for redistribution -
but only non-commercial and *unmodified*, which is clearly
incompatible with what we need. I'd like some input on how the docs
for other distro's are licensed. Are all of them licensed similarly?
Do you think we have any chance of convincing them to allow GDP (or
abou anyone, for that matter) re-use the docs under FDL? I didn' try
contacting mandrake yet...

Sasha