idea for Nautilus

Hey guys,
	I was telling my friend Bob (hes on Cc:) about the front-end to LDP
which sounds like we're interested in.  He gave an idea.  Here it is.  This is
what the UI will look like.  It's the left panel of Nautilus.

+--------------------+
| LDP                |
|  L Networking      |
|   L Ethernet       |
|    L HOWTO(N)      |
|   L PPP            |
|    L HOWTO(U)      |
|   L DNS            |
|     L RESOLV.CONF  |
|     L BIND(L)      |
| LNC                |
|  L Printing        |
|   L Compatibility  |
|    L Printers (U)  |
|   L Configuring    |
|    L SAMBA (L)     |
|    L lpr(N)        |

Basically what would happen is that each site that is GDP approved would have
a .xml file on their domain.  Whenever someone tries to the help widget, it'll contact the registered .xml files and scan the hard disk (like normal).  It'll then tell the user whether or not the file is new on the remote servers (signified by (N) or an icon), local (signified by (L) or an icon), or updated/remote (being a (U) or (R), could be both).  If the user clicks on the one that is local, reads from disk.  If the user clicks any remote file, it'll either download locally into their permanent records or be stored temporarily in /tmp, can both be configured in Preferences.
My only concern is keeping the version on their system in sync with the correct documentation number.  I'm also curious how long it would take with average bandwidth on a 14.4 or 28.8 modem to complete this process.  Bob is on Cc:.  Bob, if I screwed something up, please butt in :)
Kevin
--
"Think realistically, not optimistically" - Myself