RE: Quality Indexes

I don't know how the indexing works on other things, but for DocBook it's
mostly done in markup, with an <indexterm> tag.  Check out the DocBook: TDG
for some pretty decent examples.  There's a perl script called
collateindex.pl that creates an index out of these terms.  I can't imagine a
computer generating an "index" as the term is used in Windows help.  Now,
the search function can certainly be done by the computer, and probably
should be, since it's a full text indexing function.
	Greg