Re: Can you document the "menu panel" feature of Helixcode's Gnomerelease?

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > I'm reading your fine panel manual for Gnome.  Can you put something in
> > there about this new kind of panel, the "menu panel"?  I'm dying to know
> > how to change its properties, but it does not seem to allow any changes.
> > I want it to be not always on top of other applications, I want it not
> > to go all the way across the screen.  I would like to hide it.

The Menu Panel is briefly described in the "Creating, Moving, and Removing
Panels" section of the Panel manual shipped with gnome-core-1.2.  Here we
briefly state that it cannot be moved and does not have many of the
configurable properties of the other Panel types.  I presume that future
versions will be more configurable.  (Any developers more closely related
to this want to comment?)

This may point out a weakness in the layout of the current Panel
manual.  Perhaps we should add a section called "Panel Types" where we
discuss each Panel type, instead of in the "Creating, Moving, and
Removing" section where a reader is not likely to look for this type of
information. Of course when we add an index and searching ability in the
help browser, it will be easier to find what you are looking for.

Dan