Re: Hello

> For the latest GNOME packages, the package maintainers have come up with a
> couple of different approaches that you can look at for makefiles.
>
> In each case, however, the person who builds the release package has to
> have the docbook tools installed, so the html is built dynamically during
> the make step, rather than living statically in cvs. The advantage here is
> that when you update the sgml, that's all that is required - you don't
> have to rebuild the html each time too.
>
> One example you might look at is Greg McLean's Makefile.am boilerplate for
> the gnome-utils package.
> see gnome-utils/gdiskfree/doc/C/Makefile.am for an example (it's in gnome
> cvs)
> I'm told Jacob Berkman's makefiles for the gnome-applets and gnome-core
> doc building are also pretty clever - you might have a look at them as
> well.

Actually - I would begin to advocate for application owners to also install
the SGML files into the help dir (naturally, in the appropriate locale
setting).

We are getting much closer to getting help working dynamically in Nautilus.
There is one 'caveat' though - I'm not sure how the organization will be.
Currently it looks icky, and i haven't even seen the code :)

Regards,
Ali Abdin