Re: docbook IDE

Wrote David C. Mason on Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 11:39:00AM -0400:
> Chuck Dale <bug@aphid.net> writes:
>
> > Last I checked Conglomerate is not dead. They are working on
> > implementing all of it now. It seems that they are keen to make
> > something really cool - evidenced by the quality of the prototype that
> > is available at the moment.
> >
> > It would be awesome have an integrated editor/parser/stylesheet
> > processor/viewer. Perhaps when Nautilus is doing DocBook you could just
> > embed a Nautilus instance in an editor and call it an IDE..
>
> Last I checked, that prototype had a date of 1999 and the ftp site
> went away - where do you get the idea that it is being worked on?

Ok perhaps I was just trying to be optimistic =)

I have been on the mailing list for a while. A month or so back when
someone asked about getting it working the key developers were there, and
they indicated that the meaty version would be coming soonish. Didn't
sound dead.

But then again there hasn't been any traffic since then and Telsa says
that talking to people a week ago it is stalled cause of time being
elusive.

Chuck