Re: docbook IDE

Wrote Telsa Gwynne on Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 08:45:30AM +0100:
> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 11:23:45PM -0500, battery841@mypad.com wrote:
[..]
> For a graphical one: unless someone wants to resurrect Conglomerate
> and finish it (http://www.conglomerate.org) then I suspect it would
> either be a huge huge task or just a front-end to all the commands
> people already use, plus some templates. I'm not really sure what
> advantage that would bring, When you get into graphical tools, you
> also get into the discussions about whether they help or hinder
> when it comes to mark-up.

Last I checked Conglomerate is not dead. They are working on
implementing all of it now. It seems that they are keen to make
something really cool - evidenced by the quality of the prototype that
is available at the moment.

It would be awesome have an integrated editor/parser/stylesheet
processor/viewer. Perhaps when Nautilus is doing DocBook you could just
embed a Nautilus instance in an editor and call it an IDE..

Chuck

               [ charles hamilton dale <bug@aphid.net> ]