Re: Copyright notices on manuals.

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit@aloss.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> > > GnomeFooApp
> > > (c) by App Author
> > > Documentation (c) by Doc Author
> >

> > I really like this. I'll have to go look at the DocBook tags to
> > see how to do it though.
>

> I have the nasty feeling that yet again, it will involve mucking
> about with stylesheets. Dave, help! :)

Well you are right, however there is quite a bit of mucking that would
have to be done here. For example if we used a system where we had
something like <copyright role="docs"> and had the stylesheet produce
something like "Documentation Copyright 2000 by some person" I would
have to make sure that the legalnotice links go to a separate legal
notice than the app.

(I have been mucking about with it already and its just ugly and not
very user friendly to be honest)

Thats a bunch of code change to the modular stylesheets and doesn't
help anyone who does not use our stylesheet. Perhaps this is something
that can be put at the end of the article/book. We can state all
copyrights and licenses in a separate section - perhaps an appendix?
That way it is *much* easier to get rid of the copyright notice at the
front - or modify it slightly to link to the new section(could even be
done with DB tags instead of stylesheets).

What do people think?

Dave