Re: Copyright notices on manuals.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 06:18:45PM -0400 or thereabouts, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > GnomeFooApp
> > (c) by App Author
> > Documentation (c) by Doc Author
>
> This is fully irrelevant to whoever is reading the documentation.
> This kind of thing should go into an `About' or `AUTHORS' section,
> page or something.

Actually, one useful thing that you lose by this is the copyright
link: click on it, and you should get the relevant licence.

> The reader of the documentation is trying to figure something out, and
> looking at a full screen worth of changelogs and attributions is just
> pointless.

I think the information should be somewhere, and I don't think having
the author of the doc and/or app is too much, but yes, the changelog
could profitably be moved. Or, as I say, commented out so it's available
to people looking for it but not in the way of people trying to read
to find an answer.

Telsa