Re: Gnome Administrators Guide early beta

But your plan will be to iclude all these different
administration experiences? Wouldn't it be better to
in the end create one Super administration experience
wich covers all the possibilities(or the most)?

Eduardo

http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/~pgc/gnome/gag2/book1.html

> Now it is very rough and ready and I fully intend
> fixing it up
> (especially need gui* tags adding I know and much
> reworking of the bad
> explanantions) but I tried to get most of the
> structure and content in
> now as I'm moving house on the weekend and won't be
> able to hack at it
> until I get my computer setup in the new place.
>
> My intention with the GAG is that (at least to start
> with) is a series
> of case studies of gnome in action in a multi user
> environment. No two
> places I've ever worked have been alike (other than
> running some form
> of unix) so I thought it would be good to get as
> many viewpoints in as
> possible. Once we get a few case studies we should
> be able to distil
> out some common ground.
>
> So this is also a call for volunteers. Please send
> me your case
> studies.  The three main things I'd like to know
> are;
>
> Background: What machines + unices, what type of
> users. What are you
> aiming for. Doesn't have to be fancy, could well be,
> two P100s, for
> myself and flatmate, with the intention of having a
> cool desktop ;-)
>
> How you did it: How you set up your default
> environment,
> gdm/xdm/kdm/cde/.bash_login/etc, the panel,
> background, menus, desktop
> icons etc. i.e. how you catered for the machines and
> people above.
>
> Current Problems: Anything not working / not ideal,
> partial fixes,
> etc.
>
> Of course add to that whatever you see fit.
> Preferably in docbook
> sgml, otherwise plain text will do.
>
> Paul
>

> --

>  Paul Cooper           | pgc@maths.warwick.ac.uk
>  Phd Research Student  | 01203 523523 ext. 26320
>  Room 58               |
> www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/~pgc/
>
>  Mathematics Institute |
>  University of Warwick |
>  Coventry, CV5 7AL     |

=====
"Article 19
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."
http://www.democracynow.org
http://www.webactive.com
http://www.indymedia.org