Books or articles?

Havoc wrote:
> Dan Mueth <d-mueth@uchicago.edu> writes:
> > Does anybody know if there is a full, simple example application ("Hello
> > World") that shows the basics of writing a GNOME app and documentation?
>
> Module "gnome-hello" in CVS.
> Havoc

I was looking at this. And the other day I sent someone some
DocBook for his applet which was in article format, not book
format; and he said for some reason it wouldn't include itself
when he built it. I'm reasonably sure it's valid DocBook: well,
as valid as I get. jade accepts it happily and so on. Only
thing I could think of was that perhaps it was because it was
in article format.

Havoc's example for what is quite a little program is in book format,
and that's apparently the demo app. So..

Does every piece of documentation that is going to be accessible
from within a program have to be in book format rather than
article format?

I can't find anything saying so, but of the CVS modules I have,
practically everything except white papers and a to-do list is
in book format. So I wondered.

Also: Havoc's example uses the standard Docbook stuff:
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN">

Should I be using that, or Dave's PNG-supporting:
<!DOCTYPE Book PUBLIC "-//GNOME//DTD DocBook PNG Variant V1.0//EN">

Telsa