Re: more tutorials

"pat eyler" <p_eyler@hotmail.com> writes:

> are the urls.  Also, is there as solid dsl hacker here?  I'd really like to
> be able to output the html to produce something more like:
>
> http://www.thecia.net/users/pate/
>
> (note that this look is (a) an early draft,and (b) done by hand with various
> bits not copied correctly from the real tutorial at tbr)

There are many problems with wanting to do this with your doc. First
if it is to be read in the gnome help browser (current or the new one)
your doc will not look like everyone else's. Plus, the current color
scheme of the gnome web site will be changing very soon and it will
stick out badly once that is done.

I suggest we all use the same dsssl files to build our docs. I have a
replacement for the cygnus-both.dsl (default one for Docbook Tools) on
cvs in /gnome-docu/gdp/dsssl - it is not fancy, it looks very similar
to the default but there are many reasons why the default is the way
it is - it is easy to read - easy to navigate - and not everyone has
the same tastes when it comes to colors.

Once the new gnome help browser comes along we better all have the
same looking docs or we will have a very stupid looking help system.

Cheers,

Dave
--

          David Mason