Re: First draft of gtop doc..

 Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> Some time ago I foolishly volunteered myself to document gtop.
> I now have a mostly-finished first draft.
>
> It's in Docbook. Well, what I fondly imagine to be Docbook although
> I suspect I have made all manner of inappropriate bits of markup. I
> just took a bunch of Gnome docs, copied them, deleted all the text
> and filled in the blanks. Ahem. It goes through db2html and db2ps
> fine; I haven't tried the other things.

Geez, I never thought of that (pounding head vigorously). I' ve been
spending the last few whatevers going through the DocBook book and SGML
tutorials trying to learn all this stuff.

I really need someone to read through and check my facts, since
> I discovered how much I didn't know about memory and filesystems
> and processes whilst writing this. I think it's right, but... :)
> I have found that some terms mean slightly different things on
> different flavours of Unix. Anyone who can spot a Linuxism creeping
> in as "for all versions" when it isn't, please do! Someone who
> can check my use of Docbook would be good, too :)

Same problem here. I've got stuff (almost) done, but I'm not sure if it
is correct. We should probably post docs on the Web somewhere and ask
for feedback before we release them, warts and all.