Re: GDP Screenshot Standards

On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 04:40:19PM -0500 or thereabouts, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2000 at 12:57:37AM -0600, Dan Mueth wrote:
> >
> > GDP Members,
> >
> > For the sake of simplicity and consistency to the GNOME/Linux
> > newbie, the GDP is adopting a screenshot standard which will
> > dictate the window manager and theme that will be used for all
> > screenshots in GDP documentation.

I still think simply using whichever and including a note to the
effect of which OS, windowmanager and theme would be enough, but
if other people think not, fair enough.

> Two comments:
> 1. We also have to specify gtk theme to use - it makes a lot of
> difference, say, for shots of GMC.

I thought that's what Dan was saying when he mentioned theme, but
if not, then I agree with this addendum.

> 2. We might take a one of wm or gtk themes suggested and use with
>    custom font - for ease of reading/printing (e.g., i use lucida bold
>    with my gtk theme - it is much easier to read than default one on
>    my 1024x1280 display)

I also discovered lucida a while ago and use that. I think it's
extremely clear, yes. I would add a vote for that :)

Telsa