Re: web control applet draft, question

> > Is there a standard theme in use for the screen captures?
> > I can imagine a new user being confused by the many possible different
> > appearance of checkboxes, for example, when a different theme is in use.
> >

> So far, it has not been discussed. But i think you are right - we
> better use some more or less standard themes. I'd suggest "default"
> gtk theme + either "clean" or big clean E theme or default (MicroGUI)
> Sawmill one. If there are no objctions. we could add itt to the
> guidelines in gdp handbook.
>
> Sasha

I agree that we should have a standard for screenshots.  My opinion is
that this should be even more rigidly specified, since the three window
manager/theme suggestions look very different.  I think we may have to
specify both the window manager and the theme, if we really want them to
look similar.  This would mean that most of us would want to create a
special user account on our machines for screenshots, but this doesn't
seem like a big deal to me. Since X lets us run multiple servers on a
machine at once, it is just a couple  keystrokes to jump between
the screenshot and real user X enviroments.

Do we really want consistancy between screenshots?

If so, then what Window Manager/Theme pair do we want?  If we follow the
default themes, as Sasha suggests, then which window manager should we
pick?

This definitely belongs in the Handbook.  I'll add it as soon as we agree
on what the standard is.

Dan