Re: web control applet draft, question

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 06:31:54PM -0500 or thereabouts, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 01:02:16PM -0700, John Fleck wrote:
> > Is there a standard theme in use for the screen captures?
> > I can imagine a new user being confused by the many possible different
> > appearance of checkboxes, for example, when a different theme is in use.

This is an excellent question.

> So far, it has not been discussed. But i think you are right - we
> better use some more or less standard themes. I'd suggest "default"
> gtk theme + either "clean" or big clean E theme or default (MicroGUI)
> Sawmill one. If there are no objctions. we could add itt to the
> guidelines in gdp handbook.

I was afraid of that. All my examples have been windowmaker-based
with the default theme, and many of them have used a slightly different
font for menus and titlebars. There is no difference in the _content_
of the windows, and since I use screenshooter for screen-grabs, I
could simply remove the window-manager decorations.

It's a little immaterial in my case because I appear to have messed
something up royally: although I take .png shots, I am getting
broken links with the output of the gnome stylesheets. Everything
else in them works fine, so what I've done, I dunno.

I have a test account I can take screenshots from, but it's a pain
which I'd rather avoid, to be honest. I suspect, however, that my
alternative solution of "someone else can take them for me" is
unlikely to meet with much favour.

Telsa