Re: webcontrol applet?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 08:29:19PM -0700 or thereabouts, John Fleck wrote:
> Telsa et. al. -
> Anyone yet doing webcontrol_applet? (No one's listed on the doctable, but I
> wanted to check.)

Not that I know of.

> I'm at an impasse on other things and I've a few hours this weekend to
> write something.

Feel free. This is blatent editorialising, but can I suggest you
include in the bugs section that it doesn't use the url-handler
capplet? It will only invoke netscape. I was quite taken aback
when that opened instead of the browser that I have set in my
url-handlers. I know it says "starts netscape" in the About box,
but it's disconcerting that almost all instances of a browser
follow the url handler you set in the capplet and then one or two
don't.

The other which doesn't is the time-tracker tool, which opens
gnome-help-browser when you click on 'help'->'manual' on the menubar
and opens whatever you have in your url-handler settings in the
control-centre when you click on 'manual' in the toolbar. Boggle.
Just in case anyone wants to document that one :)

Telsa