Re: GDP Weekly Summary

> Is there any interest in pushing this up to LWN to troll for a bit
> more community involvment?  I'd be happy to send it up to them if
> people are interested.

I would say "no".  Drake and I discussed this on #docs yesterday, so let
me explain my opinion:

Drake's quasi-daily summaries of #docs (renamed to "Drake's #docs
Dialogue") are to fill everybody who isn't on #docs most of the hours in
the day in on what is going on.  Seeing as so much is happening with the
GDP lately, and all of it is on #docs, it is impossible for GDP members to
keep up with what is going on unless they are on #docs all the time. With
DDD, GDP members can keep up with what is going on even if they can't
spend all day on IRC.

I think this is a great service Drake is providing, but an internal one.
This is not intended for a wider audience.  At some point, the GDP will
want to make an external news column, similar to "The GNOME Icon Status
Report" which we can use to advertise ourselves to the wider community,
recruite people, and communicate things to developers.

On a related note, I think the new GDP web page may want to have a "news"
section on it, which may contain the DDD, something like  "GDP Status
Reports", and other general announcements.

Dan